Dr. Gates and Dr. Sammarco and OrthoCincy have a team of professionals dedicated to the care of foot and ankle problems. Whether you sprained your ankle, have a fracture, or suffer from chronic ankle arthritis, we have the ability to help get you back on your feet.
Our foot & ankle team includes several sports medicine physicians, an orthopaedic surgeon, a podiatrist and an onsite orthotic group. Our radiologist has specialty training and experience in the evaluation of your ankle MRI, and our physical therapists are trained to handle the special needs involved in ankle rehabilitation. From an ankle sprain to turf toe, an arthritic ankle to a torn Achilles, we have the surgical and nonsurgical professionals to help you recover quickly.
Look for the "O"
The American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society provides helpful information on the importance of selecting a Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon for your foot and ankle care reminding all of us to 'Look for the "O"' - for "orthopaedic surgeon." Five important reasons to select an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon include:
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons are fully trained MDs and DOs.
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons are highly specialized and have completed intensive training.
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons provide surgical and non-surgical lower extremity care.
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons are experts at complicated cases.
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons are a great choice for second opinions.